Pages

Sep 8, 2008

When something goes wrong...You find out who your friends are! As you can see by the picture, things didn't turn out as planned on Saturday. Nick was running good and in second practice he ran a 18.1 not even at full throttle. It wasn't until he going down the front stretch around 100 mph that everything changed. A rod went through the motor destroying it. Parts and pieces were everywhere and the block is shot, therefore there is no rebuilding. There were two holes in the block and oil was everywhere! After seeing Nick drive in I also saw his dream going up in smoke, literally. About 5 minutes later Andy Stormzand came down and asked Nick if he needed a ride. He offered Nick to have his car for the night since he wasn't in the points race anyway. I was in shock! That is amazing that someone can be so generous. Since we know had it figured out that Nick would be driving the 97 car for the night, we weren't sure if we would be finishing out the season this year. The Bruce Chase came over to our pit and said, "when do you want it?" and preceded to say,"either you come get it and put it in or I will come over pull yours out and put my motor in!" Once again my jaw dropped to the ground due to the generosity. I wanted to cry because I so touched but I knew I would get mocked for it if I did:) Now Nick has a lot of work to do this week but at least he can still make a run for the points.
Thank you again to Andy Stormzand/crew and also Bruce Chase/crew....you both are amazing teams and anything we can do to help you please let us know!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Such a God send! It's amazing how cool some people can be huh?!?!

    ReplyDelete