Pages

May 12, 2009








I know it has been awhile since the last post and I am not going to lie...life got busy once softball started up. Since softball is now almost complete and I am home more I thought I better give the latest update since so many people keep hassling me:) Well as most may already know, we are now parents to a healthy baby boy with a head FULL of hair. On Monday 5-4-09 I started getting back pain around 9 pm and didn't think anything of it. Nick insisted that I call the on-call number around 10:15 or so. We were told it could be the start of labor and time out the Pain/contractions. Well by the time we started they were 3 minutes apart....we decided to head in. As we entered the emergency room I headed straight to the bathroom where my water broke. I was then taken up stairs and told to hold him in until the doctor arrived. Now for all of you that have kids that isn't the easiest thing to do. Anyway....after the doctor arrived and 5 contractions later Colton Joel was born at 11:54 pm. It actually ended up being 14 minutes from the time we entered the hospital. Most would say I was lucky however I would argue meds would have been nice:) Colton was 7 lbs 7 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. Just perfect. It has now been a week and nights have been going well however sometimes he just doesn't want to sleep, but that is how things go. We are truly blessed and couldn't be happier:)

3 comments:

  1. We are incredibly happy for you; congratulations!!

    Bobbie and Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Nick and Kristi! Keith and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! Glad to hear things went so quick...they did for me too!! :) Enjoy your time at home!

    ReplyDelete